Potato collaborated with Google to manage and deliver a complete rethink and overhaul for the vital Android Developer resource centre: https://developer.android.com/. An initial product team relaunched the website around 2017/18. When I joined the team at Potato in 2018, continuing releases in languages, platforms, developer events and Android versions meant that maintenance and updates were still just as important.
Our goals were:
- To market Android products, features and events.
- Share development resources and best practices to a very large audience consisting of people with many different roles and aims (e.g. Android developers of all skill levels, businesses marketing their apps, etc)
- Improve content discovery and user journeys for these target audiences.
- All of this while continuing to maintain and evolve the brand we had developed as a place where Android platform, Android Studio, Google Play, documentation and more intersect.
I was responsible for:
- Designing wireframes of new pages and updates to existing pages
- Design of the News page
- Generating illustrated assets and iconography
- Improving the IA and discoverability of a specific collection of pages